Monday, September 19, 2011

Imagine El Cajon without Valley Music!


Unfortunately if things don’t turn around pretty quickly, in all likelihood that will happen! As hard as I am trying to make a go of things here on North Magnolia, the economy just will not co-operate, and the clock is ticking. I feel like I am sitting out on a limb that is being sawn off of the tree. Word of mouth can only do so much in letting people know we are here. Even though I informed the schools that we were still in business and in a new location, I only made a couple of the band directors’ lists of places where parents could rent instruments for their children. It’s hard with no money for advertising, and what money comes in goes right back out for bills. My inventory is much smaller, and where I used to order in boxes, now I order in singles.
Our open microphone is doing well, however it doesn’t generate a lot of money for the store, even when I offer 20% off of everything in the store except consignments, sales are pretty slow. The donation bucket at least covers the cost of pizza, water and coffee.
We were hoping to have a benefit to help raise money for the behind rent. But I think we are about out of time.  If anyone has any suggestions, leave them in a comment below, (at least I will know someone is reading this) and I AM listening…….

1 comment:

  1. Say it ain't so!!! I can't even imagine Valley Music going out of business. Maybe a benefit concert will raise money and awareness...Good Luck

    ReplyDelete